View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Fixed.

I agree but the Z can stand to lose weight and try to reduce some front heaviness.
i'd say based on the curb weight of the new q50 as i said before we can probably expect around a 100lb. drop in weight. as some people may have noticed nissan has been pretty hellbent on dropping weight across their entire lineup with everything from the altima to the sentra seeing about a 100lb. drop in weight compared to their previous generations. At this point though it's all speculation, but im fairly optimistic that nissan can accomplish the drop in weight on the Z. As for the engine i would say around the current horsepower would still be sufficient, i mean look at porsche they didnt really add much more horsepower to their new 911/cayman, but they did drop some weight so i sortof expect nissan to follow the same line of thinking.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote