View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
vndr09
Base Member

Drives: 09 Sport/Touring/Nav
vndr09 is on a distinguished road
Default 09 370Z iPod cable: Reconnect every time I start the car??

Hey guys, been a member on this forum for a long time now, but finally picked up my 09 touring/sport/nav this past weekend.

I recently purchased my iPod cable at the Nissan dealership for $35, and plugged in my iPod.

First, please remember that there are no USB ports on the 2009's, just in case that is the issue.

I have an iPhone5, but an older gen iPod nano that I planned to just leave connected all the time. I'm aware that I have to purchase an adapter that will cause the cable to charge the iPod as well, however, I didn't think that I would have to reconnect the iPod EVERY time I turned on the car in order for the Z to pick up that an iPod was connected.

I owned an A4, and I left this iPod plugged in 24/7 for a year straight and never had to reconnect it. Is there a way to avoid having to reconnect the iPod every time I start the car?

Finally, sorry if this answer is on the forums already, I've searched and searched for about 30 minutes total (which is actually a pretty long time to just search), and found nothing related to this issue.

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thanks!
vndr09 is offline   Reply With Quote