View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplessdottie View Post
Well, it seems the foam I had between the CAI and the A/C lines..... well it basically warmed up so much, the CAI rubbed through it and hit the A/C lines.........

Warranty wil not cover BAD DYI on my part..... not I gotta pay up. Lesson for ppl installing Stillen CAI..... DO IT RIGHT!!!!!!!! AND TRIPLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WAY FOR THE CAI PIPE TO RUB THE A/C TUBES.
I had the same problem a while back. I had to take it to the dealership and they said the CAI was literally rubbing metal to metal on the AC line. They repaired it but, they are only allowed to repair it as per their manual. Meaning that the problem would just come back because of the aftermarket intake. So what I did was cut a little piece of garden hose and sort of wedge it in between my intake and the AC line. It's been 2 years with no problem.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote