View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Coworker has a 2004 accord in decent shape - needs help, figured I'd ask you guys

So anyway, she has this old accord and it's starting to show its age. The usual road rash, a couple small dents here and there.

It has two "major" cosmetic issues:
1) her front bumper is cracked and will need to be replaced.
2) She has a rust spot on the hood underneath the paint.

Poked around on ebay and couldn't find a used front bumper. Are there any junkyards you guys use for this sort of thing? There have to be thousands of available parts for that thing. There were so freaking many on the road...

She wants to get it "repainted" but doesn't want to pay much. Are there any *passable* spray shops that aren't going to do a terrible job? I mean I know to do it right she's looking at 3k or so but let's assume she doesn't mind the fact that the underside of the hood won't match the exterior.

Any suggestions would be helpful.