View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
2sl0w
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport
2sl0w is on a distinguished road

All this crying about price and this being a waste of time over buying other shorty's DESIGNED specifically for a 370z is a joke.

Lets play devils advocate and use a Stillen set up as an example. Their headers are $695 w/ t304 stainless steel. Z1 is offering their Momentum clone headers at $895 and for $1033 you get test pipes as well. Add 370z test pipes ($269) to the Stillen headers and you are at $964. You are telling me you would rather save $69 to make less power? If you are going through the effort of installing headers on a 370z you might as well do it right as it is very labor intensive. I could see if you already have 370z HFC or TP being somewhat disappointed as you will have to sell your current hardware.. but I am sure they will sell fast on the forums here for a large percentage of what you paid.

Lets not forget barring a few sets that were dumped when momentum was firesaling inventory they sold these headers for $1,299.

I think you guys should be happy z1 has managed to secure the jig, do R&D, and release this setup for an affordable price. And if you still have stock cats the additional $69 dollars price difference over a very nice set of headers from stillen (that make less power) is a steal. We all know you can throw money at these cars to make NA power but $69 is an oil change for these cars.

*all prices taken from z1 website.
|| Z1 Intake, SS Lines, Silicone Hoses, Hood Struts, 25 Row Oil Cooler+T.Plate, Two Piece Rotors, Uprev || Motordyne M370 + A.R.T. Pipes + XYZ w/ HFC, Tomei Expreme TI Exhaust, NST, Whiteline Diff Bushings, Nismo Sways, BC BR 12k/10K, SPC F/R Arms, ZSpeed Shroud, Competition Clutch Stage 2 Kit, 20" Advan RSD, White Akebonos by Mike ||

Last edited by 2sl0w; 05-29-2013 at 06:40 PM.
2sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote