View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #101 (permalink)
JoeD
Banned

Drives: Z
JoeD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
The Audi should not even be in the test (wtf were they thinking, why not drop a $300,000 Ferrari in while they are at it), or at very least they should have included a Nissan GT-R!
The test was to compare cars they considered to be "driver's cars." The GTR is far from, arguably with the most diluted and artificial feel of any modern performance-car.

Quote:
I'd love to see the same test at a track like Lime Rock. Laguna's straights give enormous advantage to the big-HP beasts, imho.
"Laguna's straights?" By no means do I consider myself an expert on Laguna with only 80 or so laps under my belt, all of which HPDEs as opposed to countless of competitive laps around Infineon and T-Hill, but I have yet to encounter an actual straight-away on that track. Perhaps you have a little more insight than I do, but Laguna does not provide an advantage to "big-HP beasts" by any stretch of the imagination. The track technically does not have a straight, nor is there a portion where you can wind out more than two gears at wide-open throttle. But, again...perhaps you know better than I do.

I have never driven Lime Rock, but if memory serves me right, its layout is much more advantageous with added power as average-speed on Lime Rock is significantly greater than Laguna. Regardless, the Nismo's second-to-last lap-time is abysmal, considering the live-axle 3900 lb. GT500, 3900 lb. Camaro SS, 4300 lb. automatic, 4-door XFR, and joke of an open-diffed 135i all soundly beat it, disregarding the other performance cars.

Quote:
And MT, imho, is the worst car mag out there................................
Of course it is. I'm sure your opinion would be no different if the NISMO trounced the competition and came in first, too.

Any magazine which says something negative about your favorite car or doesn't place it in 1st in a comparo is a crappy magazine.