View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB370Z View Post
No offense dude but how old are you? I use to have the same mindset when I was younger but now I much rather have an auto especially while stuck in traffic. I had a lot of younger guys compliment my car until they saw it was an auto and thought it was a POS.
And most race car have what? Automatics, S7's, PDK's, Dual Clutch Autos/Man.

I have drag raced autos and sticks. Which do you think are faster, which do you think are more consistent? I'd rather shift once in a Powerglide than three or four times in a stick going down the quarter mile with a higher risk of a miss-shift. Not to mention the fact that I can leave my hands on the wheel for more of the run. I only have to drive one handed for 1 second or so during that one shift at half track.

The transmission variations are getting more and more blurred these days.