View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
zero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R
zero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I agree with everything except the last part... Staying still on a hill without using the brakes is a good way of burning up the clutch. I NEVER ride the clutch.

Although, the rest, OK! Definitely learning to drive on hills is the BEST way to learn. I learned by landing in stop-n-go traffic on the 101 during rush hour. I stalled twice in 40 minutes and after that I was near pro! LOL I think in the first week of driving stick, I stalled about 10-15 times. The first day was the worst, but after about 20 minutes of stop and go, I had it down.
I agree with not riding the clutch. I should say try working the clutch releasing/pressing and gasing combination without having the car rolling back. It's a good practice working left foot and right foot for clutching and gasing. You have to be quick not having the car rolling back more than a foot. Practice, practice is the key.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote