View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
I give you credit for wanting to be an early adopter of VVEL. I know I couldn't do it even with guarantee of valves crashing into pistons.

Ecutek has been out to the public for a little over a month I really think people need to give it time. This constant push for VVEL seems a bit extreme and people seem to be overlooking some of the other features. One key feature that Ecutek already has over Uprev is full ignition timing control something UPrev does not have or added in the last 5 years to this platform.
I'm well aware of these other features. Visconti spent probably close to an hour showing me the software in detail (pointing out the differences from Uprev along the way) when he was at a nearby shop awhile back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpax View Post
My bad, I thought you were saying (multiple times) that no one is using or has the software.

What would be really cool would be to take my UPREV tuned rig somewhere and do a before dyno (baseline with UPREV) and after dyno.
I brought this up to Visconti and he pointed out one simple flaw and that is all tuners are not created equal. Basically you'd have to get your ECUtek tuner to tune it with Uprev first and then with ECUtek to get an apples to apples comparison.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote