View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianLegacy View Post
can someone please confirm this...the place i took my car to get the alignment done told me that in this model car the entire rack and pinion needs to be taken out in order for the inner tie rod to be replaced. basically they would have to take the rack and pinion down, and send out to be rebuilt and put everything back together.

I am no master mechanic dude, but that sounds really odd to have to do all that for a part that is normal wear and tear and is bound to bend to be replaced in that way....
I think I'd be finding a different shop if I was you.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote