View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #162 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inverted1 View Post
.... Once I was done with all that, I switched to a black hex logic pad and waxed using meguiars ultimate wax.

An extremely long process, It took about 30 hours over 3 days. It is worth it! The car looks better than it did in the showroom. Now if I can just keep it this way!!

Thanks again!!!
Glad to hear that everything turned out well. Now allow me to suggest a MUCH better wax alternative. If you want to stay in the Meguiar's family, go with either the Mirror Glaze Polymer Sealant #20 or their Synthetic Sealant 2.0 #21. There's also their Hi Tech Yellow Paste Wax #26. They are all from the Meguiar's professional line, which is what the M105 and M205 are from. The stuff you used is from their consumer line and is no where near as good as their professional stuff. You can Google each product and find out the difference between them, and the instructions on how to use them is on the bottles. They also provide a 1-800 number that you can call to talk with a Meguiar's representative with any questions you may have.

Now that you know how much work was involved in fixing your paint, you should be very motivated to keep it that way. That includes proper washing, not wiping on the car when it is dirty or dusty, and using quality towels when you do touch the paint. If you do that, upkeep will be a breeze.

Thanks for chiming in with your experience.