Thread: [For Sale] Uprev License (SoCal)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
seymore4
Track Member

Drives: 2010 nismo
seymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond reputeseymore4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
My understanding between all these versions is that Basic comes with nothing, Standard is a basic with a Cipher cable, and Tuner version is a basic but with a tuner cable with a software, can someone confirm with me and suggest what I should do for now?
Correct. The "basic" you're referring to is just the reflash license, which you need to unlock the ecu and tune it. No cable, no access to the software, no tune. When a shop quotes you X amount for a dyno tune they're usually including $300 for the license, the rest is the cost of them tuning it.

Both standard and tuner give you access to cipher so you can datalog, check and clear codes, and other OBD2 diagnostic functions, as well as reflash back to stock and sell it used later on if you want.

Only tuner lets you play with the tune yourself.

No matter which option you go with you can always go to a shop and get dyno tuned without having to purchase a new Osiris license, if you've already been reflashed you will only pay for the cost of the dyno time, not the full amount
seymore4 is offline   Reply With Quote