View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #315 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

The thread has moved on a bit, but wanted to add:

It's fine to protect your rights when being pulled over. "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "I'm not sure, could you tell me?" or "Can I look inside your car?" "Sorry, officer, but I have to respectfully decline unless you have a warrant or stated probable cause. Not trying to be a ****, but just trying to make sure we both use the system in place."

That's a lot better than being a **** and spouting off about fundraising tickets and basically throwing attitude at a LEO just to make some point they probably agree with and don't have the power to change. If you want to cop an attitude, do so to lawmakers, not the LEO who probably pulled you over for a valid reason (even if it's menial like a light out).

I find it best to just avoid being put into those situations. They're trained to keep control of situations, and if you throw attitude at them, you're basically challenging their control of the situation. Not that either side *should* win, but that's the training. Unless a driver has had similar training/experience, they shouldn't be throwing the **** attitude.

Going off about philosophy and laws and ethics on ...traffic...rules, is (arguably) a waste of energy that could be spent battling other laws. And most of those quotes have to do with actual "wrong" laws and oppression, not just laws you find inconvenient.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote