View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #105 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
How slight is "slight"? I'm running out of ideas. If it were my car, I'd get it up in the air and check that everything is tight myself. There's no replacement for verifying things yourself.

The slots should be cleaning off any glazing on the pads, so it seems odd to me that they're already glazed. My next wild *** guess would be a wheel balance issue. Maybe if it's just a little off you could be feeling it under braking only? I'm grasping at straws at this point.

Did you have an accident, or am I confusing you with someone else? If so, was the front end involved? Maybe something got tweaked there.
Yes, a girl hit my car. It warped its first rotors thousands of miles earlier, though. Very badly. The alignment was redone twice and the front rims are new and have been rebalanced. The vibration was bad enough last time to loudly rattle the bracelet on ky Explorer II, and not quite there now, but at its rate of progression, will be in another week or two. It seems to get progressively worse every day. I kindof want to wait until its OMFG!?!? Bad before I take it back in to the dealer to help underscore my irritation.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote