View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #97 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
yeah I think he is right. I would give it one last shot with the oem parts and do a full brake flush on the car before writing Nissan off. It could be the technicians that are incompetent and not necessarily your driving characteristics. Hope that this problem can get resolved either way so that if it happens to another forum member we can use this as a learning lesson.

I was thinking of going with a upgraded rotor/pad set but after seeing some of the stuff import has gone through I am definitely reconsidering that thought.

Hey import if you have time try to jack the car up and rotate the fronts. Pump the brakes a couple of times before that to see if it seizes. also check the quality of the fluid.
I'll look at the fluid tomorrow. I know I said that yesterday, but after 12 hours of work and running 5 miles, I forgot about it. The techs working on the car are alright. They are GT-R certified, and the service manager has been in the business for 20 years and has a very good reputation. I don't think they are missing anything obvious.

If my driving style is the issue, I want a refund on the "sport" package, and Nissan needs to change their product brochure to reflect that stopping should not ever occur from above 50mph, nor brake pressure exceed 25% capacity.

The first time I wrecked my OEM rotors/pads was a panic slow on the freeway when some idiot tried to run me off the road. Call it 70-40 pretty quick. Then back to freeway speeds. Ever since then...that was the first time I actually "stabbed" the brakes.

Did it again a while back after they fixed them from 40mph trying to sling the phone that fell and dropped forward from under the seat so I could pick it up at the next stop-sign. Yep. You guessed it. Warped again immediately.

Any time you use the brakes at any real capacity, this piece of crap warps them.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 05-26-2013 at 06:17 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote