View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #131 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

After a long delay, I decided I wanted to try out the Clutch Helper Spring! After reading all of the great reviews I thought it was time I gave it a try.

From day one, I had noticed the clutch on this car was very tough to get use to, and when I had originally bought the car, I had been stalling it on a regular bases for the first few months! This was very annoying and embarrassing! As if I didn't know how to drive a stick! I in fact had been driving stick for 20 years, and also have a 1990 300ZX Turbo that's manual, so that was definitely not the case!

I found the one that others had been using on eBay for $15 shipped, so I thought I would buy it:

Century Spring Corp (CSC)
Part #: 72577

It's about 25% the spring rate of the OEM spring. You can definately feel the difference. Feels lighter. Makes a difference, and I highly recommend it if you find the stock clutch troublesome.

Installation was a breeze. I had read that some had issues installing it. Even some losing the small C clamp. And issues with not being able to reinstall the rod.

All you need is a flat head screwdriver and needle nose pliers.

Use the needle nose pliers to pull the C clam off. Rotate the C clam if needed so that the C part is facing you. Then use the the pliers to clamp it and pull it straight out towards you. Should pop right off. Next press the clutch in all the way, and use your finger or screwdriver to press the rod in and then as you are wiggling the clutch pull the rod out. Once out set it aside, and then while wiggling clutch pull the spring assembly towards you and it should fall right out. Swap out the spring and reassemble. You will have to press clutch some so rod can get aligned and you can push it in with your fingers or flat head for more pressure. Once on use needle nose to push C clam back on in the reverse way you pulled it out!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg spring.jpeg (52.5 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by tjlazer; 05-25-2013 at 04:39 PM.
tjlazer is offline   Reply With Quote