View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #100 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
No, but it should be just a tad closer to the Cayman S; was that not the Z's performance target. FAIL in this test big time. IMO, it should have been a bit closer to the GT500, but obviously Ford's time on the chasis along with the gobs of more power spank the Z.

To your point, good new on the feel of the car, but it's numbers should have been much better. I bet a tuned Base+Sport with about 100 pounds of weight savings will put the Z in a better light. Nismo, not so much for.
Good points. I do think a regular Cayman is a much better comparo for a Nismo than a Cayman S, and I also thought the regular Cayman was the benchmark, but maybe I'm wrong there. The Audi should not even be in the test (wtf were they thinking, why not drop a $300,000 Ferrari in while they are at it), or at very least they should have included a Nissan GT-R!

I'd love to see the same test at a track like Lime Rock. Laguna's straights give enormous advantage to the big-HP beasts, imho.

The MT test was Apples and Oranges....and bananas...and grapes....

And MT, imho, is the worst car mag out there................................