View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
this is what driving an frs with power would be like (skip to 4mins):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY
This is what i been trying to say about the FR-S vs the Z. Put 7" tires all around on the Z and it would be just as fun. Most sport coupes today have staggered 8" and 9" wide wheels or 9" and 10" in the case of the Z. put straight 7" wide wheels and you replicate that kind of fun.

That's why i call corporate hype on the FR-S. But the perfect engine placement and low cog on the FR-S was well done. I accredit that more to the access to subaru's already well engineered motor than a genius design coming from Toyota.

They brought back an old formula from japan that most car companies have neglected. But they didn't do anything groundbreaking or genius with the FR-S.