View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonZwanson View Post
Man...Any post that even whispers the letters "BRZ" or "FRS" turns into a domestic dispute on this forum. I guess we need to put a forum-wide moratorium on any discussion of the Toyobaru. Ha.

Yeah, I know this isn't THE MOST entertaining car review on the interwebs. I never said it was Top Gear material. I just thought this guy's perspective was interesting, and it cracked me up when he said, "It's a $25k car, who gives a sh*t?" This was what came up when I literally typed in "FR-S Sucks" on YouTube. I couldn't even find a douchey hater video on the subject.

I actually wouldn't mind stopping by a Scion or Subaru dealership and taking one out just to see what it's like, but I'm too chicken sh*t to go to a dealership knowing I'm wasting the sales person's time, especially since they probably get a lot of punks who do the same thing with no money, let alone any intention of buying one.

As for all the Honda discussion, I have no problem with Hondas. (Save for my mother in-law's Civic, which just had its transmission die at 130k. So much for being bullet proof.) I did help a friend of mine slap a K&N intake on his '08 Civic, and I must say that Honda's induction sound is so sweet. It's not even an Si, and it sounds really nice. Would I rather have a Civic than a BRZ? Nahp.
Hey man... just get the test drive. It's not wasting a salesguys time because, what if? After the drive, you really like the FR-S? Or what if it makes you pay attention to the brand as a whole? What if the salesguy winds up being someone you want to do biz with in the future?

If a salesguy thinks giving you an obligation free test drive is wasting time? He is a HORRIBLE salesperson.

Go drive it.