View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Even engineers at Ferrari got fooled lol

Monsters of Grip: Nine Summer-Performance Tires Tested Comparison Tests - Page 10 - Car and Driver

Perhaps the slightly rounder/fatter sidewall doesn't fit your driving style or what you deem the most important. I think the stiffer sidewall tires can give the illusion of faster cornering, and that may be true on a perfectly flat surface, but that's not necessarily true on uneven street surface?

And "very close to stock" alignment....a hair bit amount of toe change can hugely affect handling (I thought lowering also affect toe?).

I also wonder if stiffer spring magnifies the softer sidewall too (more compression force acting on the tire hence more sidewall flex maybe?)
Its called business, if Michelin and Ferrari make a business deal, of course its the best tire... illusion on not, I cannot liked going around a corner and having sidewall flex, they do flex, maybe its the 40 series sidewall is too high, but again I will reiterate, the bridgestones did not have this issue. The grip is fine, the ride is fine, the steering response is not good, and they are not as stable as the stones, that's just fact...haven't driven on the advans, so I do not know. If i go into a corner hard at speed, and turn it, I can feel the sidewalls flexing, I am not trying to insult anyone, maybe some people do not know what that feels like or are ignorant to it...again I do not know, this is my second set by the way, had the first set swapped out after 500 miles... they only thing different on my alignment is front camber is slightly more than factory due to being lowered on swifts, all else is within in factory spec, like I said the only thing that changed on my car was the tires, suspension and alignment stayed the same, the toe will impact the highwa stability at large, thats why they run a slight toe in from the factory. IMO it is just not how this expensive of a tire should perform.

Last edited by Joepro; 05-25-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote