View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dsevast
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
Dsevast is on a distinguished road
Default Limp mode on the track :(

So I went to the track for the first time this past Wednesday and my car went into limp mode.

The track time consisted of 3 30 minute sessions. The first 2 runs my car was great, but the last run I probably made it about 15 mins in when my car would not rev past 4K.

I have an oil cooler and when limp mode happened my oil temps were at 240 degrees, so I don't think it was the oil temps? What else could cause it? I did smell something after I parked and it smelled like the clutch, and when I was driving back to the parking lot the clutch felt very floppy. It still allowed me to shift gears but, after I would depress it to put it in a gear when I would slowly let off of it it would engage the gear immediately. Usually it does not engage for a couple of centimeters or so. I didn't flush the break fluid, but didn't have any problems with the breaks. I feel as if the clutch is the culprit.

Any input would be much apprecitated as I plan to take my car back next year.