View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #55 (permalink)
NitrousZ34
Banned

Drives: Myself crazy
NitrousZ34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
i dont know about you but i dont have the time or money for ref tickets, got 1 with my turbo eclipse and the ref failed me for a K&N pod filter on the stock intake pipe

sure some refs dont care about bolt on parts but there are some who are real a-holes and it honestly isnt worth the time or money

cool story bro, refer to my ref experience above

all it took was one ticket for me to learn, and it cost me close to $400 to put my eclipse back to stock and pay for the ref fines plus i had to take 2 days off work to get everything done

too much of a PITA for me to deal with, i would personally rather modify the stillen kit, not make as much hp, and not get hassled by cops/refs for mods(having the sticker is no guarantee from cops but i doubt refs will take apart the entire kit and measure everything and make sure the kit is still at carb spec), oh and its not about not being able to afford tickets i will get(as you say), its about not wasting time and money on getting around CARB(and thats great you live in an area with no emissions testing, i dont live in an area with no emissions so unlike you, i have to smog my cars every 2 years)

oh and the comment about test pipes, i could care less about test pipes, if i wanted a loud car with amazing flow(but i dont), i would just put an electric cutout before the cat after installing the supercharger and getting the carb sticker

trust me if i lived in another state, ill be all over fast intentions twin turbo kit or GTM's MHI twin turbo kit, but unfortunately i live in california so that isnt the case

Ummm I live in Cali too... What's the point in buying a Stillen kit if you are just going to change out half the stuff just to make more power? A GTM kit will still make more power than a fully modified Stillen kit, and for a lot less cheaper. If your just mainly after that carb sticker than I feel bad for you bro lol. Anyways, get the Stillen kit, get your carb sticker, and have fun with your amazingly slow Z. My guess is that you will be making around 360rwhp with stock cats. Your are going to bust through those cats and than you are never going to be able to smog your car post a build thread PLEASE!!!!!!!!!