View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
KraTToR
Base Member

Drives: 2013 zRoadster
KraTToR is on a distinguished road
Default Coilovers for my '13 roadster

Ok Zexperts..

I've searched and researched this to death and I've decided to move into a coilover rather than just a lower spring for my '13 vert.

My logic is based on the fact that i) there's little concise data on the amount that springs lower a vert - lots of data on the coupe but with the different spring rates its impossible to know and ii) I'm really warming up to the ability to adjust ride height and quality/performance. Both of these concerns come from that fact that I'm planning on driving the car through the winter (I could raise the car a bit in the fall) and that the roads in my town are not the greatest (I can tweak to the best compromise between looks and ground clearance).

Originally I wanted to keep the price below $1k but that only offered me the entry level products which I'm never usually a fan of. At the other end, I'm not going to track my car so I want something I can live with on a daily driver. Research has shown me that I want a spring rate at or below 10..

So far the only Coilover I seem to like is the Tein Super Street w/pillowball mounts as it seems to be of high quality and a decent amount of features. The addition of the PM's is an added bonus.

Ok finally.. mind if I ask a few questions???

Tein states that these are not for the roadster.. is this because they haven't tested it? It is exactly the same fitment as the coupe, correct???

Does the front PB mount have some camber adjustability to it?

I plan to lower it about 1", will I need a camber kit(s) to bring it back into OEM spec. I'd rather have it installed at the same time for obvious economical reasons

Is there another "middle of the road" coilover you would recommend. My expectation would be quality over quanitity (ie. features).

Many thanks in advance!!

Patrick.
KraTToR is offline   Reply With Quote