View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #79 (permalink)
ConceptVBS
Base Member

Drives: maxima
ConceptVBS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Not a enthusiast ? Hyundai tradition is what a econobox throw away car! do you forget how they started? with the Hyundai Excel (1985-1994) I'm sorry If I hurt your feelings! but you can buy a Genises and be on your way!

And what makes Nissan(Datsuns) any different? You really want to bring up history? I was around long enough to remember Datsun's and their not so enthusiastic reception by the general public.

By bringing up a companys past as the basis for judgement, you've just cemented the fact that, yes indeed you are a brand snob and not a true auto enthusiast. A true auto enthusiast would look at the car (the product) itself and not the special decoration behind it done by the marketing folks.

An good analogy is with a girl who you do have an interest in but is afraid to approach due to the not-so-good rumors you've been hearing about her. Your the type who would believe these rumors and not even talk to her. Find out for yourself, firsthand, and THEN judge. Seperate the girl from the rumors is basically what I'm saying. Same thing with the Genesis; seperate the car from the marketing or companys past history.

Oh for the record, I drive a 1998 Nissan Maxima. Yes, I have a family.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote