View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #81 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by starview View Post
I'm in an apartment also and try to bucket wash at the coin operated self wash. I only use their normal water though - I use my own cash wash soap.

I do have a problem though - how do you fill your bucket? The sprayers on the ones near me are so strong that they just blast the water out of the bucket when trying to fill lol.
Yes I've had that problem. Basically I pull on the handle just barely enough to get the stream going, but not a full blast. It's hard but with a little practice you can get a less powerful stream coming out. Then I aim along the side of the bucket so that the water swirls around rather than bouncing straight up, and I alternate from side to side to prevent the swirling water from going over the edge as it fills. Then once there is a few inches of standing water I will put the nozzle under the water surface and go full blast to fill it up the rest of the way.

Also, it's pretty much unavoidable that you will get splashed a little bit in this process so I usually wear gym shorts and a t-shirt, or something I don't mind getting wet/soapy. You could do it sans splashes if you went really slow, but I always get impatient because time is running out on the sprayer.