View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

That will be a sad year for the Z. They've lost their roots. They need to compete with the FRS/BRZ, get rid of VVEL, join the direct injection club and crush the 350hp range. And they need to start offering serious factory spec upgrades like the Mustang al a carte menu. Holy crap, every single stang out there is different from the next. They have become so personalized and "custom" straight from the factory that there is no need to mess with them. And they are looking damn good too. They still drive like boats but they are quickly coming along in terms of design. If Nissan took this approach and even offered a factory Z (GT type) vehicle pushing 550hp, they would certainly garner some attention. But let's face it. They're lazy. They don't want to put in the work or the effort to really create something special. They want to use an existing frame of a much larger vehicle. IMO, that is just bad business. At this rate, Hyundai is on track to crush the Z with their Genesis. Yup... I said it!

But if the Toyota Supra makes its way back into the market I'll be first in line. Not sure I'd let the Z go but she'll certainly remain undriven for extended period of time.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote