View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #54 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
I'll withhold any judgment on styling until we see the real thing, this is just a cobbled together pic for an article imo.

As far as them staying with an FM platform, it makes sense for a $$ saving perspective but it makes me a bit worried that it means verly little weight savings possibly and this car needs to shed an honest 100-200 lbs with similar power imo.

If it comes in around the same or a little lighter than the 370 and has 350-380 hp I'll probably replace our nismo with the next gen nismo

IF they address the biggest flaws the current car has: oil cooling, brake cooling, ice mode, fuel starve, lack of real lsd etc.

I hope since Nissan seems to be getting more serious about racing etc that the next Z won't need major aftermarket stuff to be truly trackable out of the box. fingers crossed.
well according to the infiniti website the outgoing G37 base has a curb weight of 3633lbs. and the forthcoming Q50 base has a curb weight of 3574lbs. so around a 60lbs. reduction in weight with the new platform is what it looks like...throw in a manual transmission instead of the G's and Q's standard automatic transmission and i imagine a combined weight savings of approximately 100lbs. on the low end not counting if nissan decides to incorporate more aluminum in the construction of the next Z.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote