View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #63 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
He's not good at math.

I did something just as stupid when I was 20. I drove my 97 Formula from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in 2 1/2 hours. I averaged 125MPH for a 303 mile trip. I started at 4am and got there at just a little after 6:30am. (I stopped to get some beef jerky). The fastest I went on that trip was just over 140MPH and I slowed down to 90MPH when coming up on big-rigs so I didn't get wind washed off the road. I was extremely lucky on that trip because I didn't kill myself or anyone else. I didn't have any close calls which was shocking because I wasn't on the right tires to be going that fast. I had 2.73 gears, so my highway mileage was insane... On 15 gallons I went a hair over 410 miles total.

Now that I'm more grown up and I'm not a total tool behind the wheel, I don't drive like that anymore. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. Doing triple digits on the highway is stupid and dangerous not just to yourself but anyone else around you.

I've hit triple digits with the Z, I hate to say it, fairly often, mostly because it just runs up there so damn smooth that you don't realize that your going that fast. That in itself is what makes that kind of speed dangerous...in my case it's when I'm passing someone who can't stay in their own lane. Sometimes I slow down and keep them in front of me, other times I jump around them and gain some space, and when I look down, I usually hit the brakes, or just let the car wind itself down...depending on how far over the limit I am and how likely it would be to get caught. I've also found myself going a lot higher the speed limit off enterance ramps. I gotta quit that...lol

On that note, I called 911 to report someone going the wrong way on an exit on the highway ramp (as in, they were getting on the highway going the wrong way). I couldn't believe it...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote