View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #62 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
My only thought on this is "how" - 113 average is stupid.
He's not good at math.

I did something just as stupid when I was 20. I drove my 97 Formula from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in 2 1/2 hours. I averaged 125MPH for a 303 mile trip. I started at 4am and got there at just a little after 6:30am. (I stopped to get some beef jerky). The fastest I went on that trip was just over 140MPH and I slowed down to 90MPH when coming up on big-rigs so I didn't get wind washed off the road. I was extremely lucky on that trip because I didn't kill myself or anyone else. I didn't have any close calls which was shocking because I wasn't on the right tires to be going that fast. I had 2.73 gears, so my highway mileage was insane... On 15 gallons I went a hair over 410 miles total.

Now that I'm more grown up and I'm not a total tool behind the wheel, I don't drive like that anymore. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. Doing triple digits on the highway is stupid and dangerous not just to yourself but anyone else around you.