View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Staples
Track Member

Drives: '08 Infiniti G37s
Staples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
Michelin has a lot of people drinking their special juice...and it is currently leaving a bad aftertaste in my mouth...It is like Budweiser, terrible beer, but people who drink it love it becuase they are told it is great... these are not performance tires IMO. WORST 1200 bucks I ever spent in my LIFE...cannot wait till this crap is wore out. They paid off a lot of people, and we the consumer have paid for it... these tires perform in the 600-700 dollar level...PLEASE do not submit to all the propaganda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
it can't be THAT bad, can it? tirerack survey shows very high scores...
I've ridden in numerous cars with the pilot super sports and have had nothing but great things to say about them. Granted they're not the stickiest, but they perform very well for an all around ultra summer tire. There wasn't a single bit of road noise and they handled better than the Hankook Evos, Yokohama S. Drives and Falken 452 IMO, compared to a $700 - $800 that you mentioned (even though they're double that and they should handle better). A great daily driven tire for sure. Might not be the best option for auto-crossing / road racing / dragging, but who wants to only get 6 - 10k miles out of a set of tires with ultra soft compound if it's a daily?

This is coming from someone who has had all three sets of other tires. I do see the difference in performance compared to the more affordable options.