View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eighties Meta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT no-sport
Eighties Meta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
I actually would like a sport button to keep it from going past 5th, I agree

Honestly, I can manipulate my pedal very well.

What I HATE:
If you lets say you drive in M, you shift to 7th (pedal at half), then back to D, and you FLOOR it, nothing happens, you have to release the gas pedal, THEN floor it.

OR

You're in M, lets say cruising in 6th on the freeway, and oh shít, gotta floor it to get around an ásshole... Car doesn't go... Why can't there be a button there (Like on the Maxima, or a Porsche, or a VW, or an Audi) that then the car floors it no matter what...?
the only thing that works for me and when on the highway I put in DRIVE rather than manual. if I need to pass while in DRIVE, pull once on the paddle ALWAYS puts me in 5th gear, I've tried this up to about 70mph pull the downshift 5th gear, then another pull I'm in 4th and that's good enough for passing or when I need to get into it a bit.

so, two quick pulls gets me immediately to 4th when on the highway which seems to work ok for me. if you haven't tried, try it and see if that works better for you. Incidently from the car manual, for passing in AUTO MODE it states to fully depress the accelerator and downshift, so the car manual says floor it, then kick it down another gear for good measure...

I like two quick pulls on the downshift myself though...
2009 370z Touring 7AT/AAM 2.5 true dual exhaust/AAM DE test pipes/z1 vqde35 headers/AAM cold air intake (R-line)/Motordyne M370/Quaife LSD/z1 brake upgd pkg/Swift Spec-R springs/WhiteLine Front&Rear sway bars with endlinks
Eighties Meta is offline   Reply With Quote