View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #4446 (permalink)
roy'sz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 nissan 370z
roy'sz will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
Well yesterday I was busy.
-Re-attached my front lip. Made it look MUCH cleaner and not as shotty as my last DIY job lol. Also needed to change out some of the 3M tape as the first time around it was not sticking as well as I had hoped.
-While I had the bumper off, did the DIY CAI mod also using dryer duct and the making the fangs useful. To say the least, my intake temps dropped tremendously. I run K&N Typhoon intake and my temps were about 35-50 higher then ambient air temps. Yesterday after driving around with it, my air temps were at a MAX 15 degrees higher then ambient air temps at cruising speeds. Worth the $20 if you don't have a CAI IMO. I need to still change it up a bit to make it look a little cleaner.
-Dropped my rear diff off at the transmission shopped to get assembled with the Quaife LSD and 4.08 gears installed. Probably the thing I'm most excited about.
-Washed and waxed her to finish the day off and enjoyed some friends at a car meet. Good day off I'd say
Im at 7-8 over ambient temp...not bad