View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice
Default Caught the offender

Many years ago I had a silver honda prelude. I used to work as a salesman for WHJJ which is a radio station. The company owned both HJJ and HJY.. HJJ was talk for older people ....and HJY was music for younger people.

One day I came out of work and discovered a deep gash in the side of my prelude caused by some clown opening the door and apparently banding my door several times.. I was pissed but what could I do..

A couple of weeks later I drove home on the other side of town to find my son in the house with his friends...The friend admitted to hitting the car and he showed up, driven by his mother, with money to fix car..

How did this happen?

It turns out that as I drove into my driveway, my son's friend saw the car and asked my son, "Does your father work for WHJY?" My son said "No" and asked why.. The kid said he was relieved because he had been in the HJY parking lot and opened his door hitting a car just like mine.. He said he got angry and hit it several times more.. At that point my son said, "my father does not work at HJY but he does work at HJJ and they have the same parking lot! It was my fathers car you hit!""

my son knew the kids mother.. and the kid showed up with the money..driven by his mother ..and gave the money to have it fixed....I took the money and told him he ought to be damn thankful for having a mother like he did even though he did no appreciate it at the time..

Can you believe this coincidence?? True story..
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote