View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dynotronics1
Base Member

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Dynotronics1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Very nice. Hopefully the tuner chimes in with some specifics about what he did that he couldn't have done with Uprev.
having used the uprev software on a couple of cars here at the shop, I can tell you I was not very impressed with the GUI, or the table layout. I had about decided to sit on the sidelines where the Nissans were concerned until Ecutek told us they were developing the ProEcu suite for this platform.

I was not really sure what we would see on a atmo version of this car using this SW, but I can tell you, I was impressed!

We were easily able to correct the Maf calibration on James's car to get it hitting targets exactly on the mixture.

We then found a good fuel curve that the car like,and made decent tq on.

I spent quite a bit of time massaging the new timing maps that EcuTek inserted in the RaceRom patch. The initial table was a bit on the "bright" side, with the ecu pulling advance. With a bit of logging, and dialing in, we were able to get the RaceRom advance map working well. No there is not a huge amout to be made from advance, as the nissan logic is pretty damn good. But we were able to sneak in a few deg here and there to fatten the tq curve. Its not totaly done yet, but we were happy with the results.

We also did a bit of work on the intake advance tables. No I'm not going to tell you where or what we did, but will tell you we ere able to make so HUGE improvments in drivablity in the low to mid range.

And yes, I did spend time on the throttle tables, and was able to easily remove the laggy pedal issue.

Again, I'm not 100% finished with James's car, but I'm quite sure anybody that drives it back to back with a like stock car would be more than excited with the results. We will send James to an independant dyno shop sometime down the road and have him post his results of the before and after files for those of you that like to see dyno numbers. But I will tease you with this; the 15-80 rool on times decreased by a pretty good margin
Dynotronics1 is offline   Reply With Quote