Thread: Ramps That Work
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpit View Post
You only need to remove the four bolts closest to the rear of the car to change the oil and filter. The shield has a crease in it designed to fold back. Also, I went with Redline at 4000 miles but after reading an interesting article about the Nissan ester oil I have decided to go back to that. From a well-known Nissan tuner:

"What is Nissan's special oil? The oil was developed to complement Nissan's Hydrogen free DLC coating used on the cam followers in the QR25DE engine, the VQ35HR and the VQ37VHR engines. DLC stands for diamond like coating, which is an amorphous layer of carbon crystals with hard smooth properties much like diamond. Most of valve train friction is created by the interface between the cam follower and the cam lobe. DLC is very slippery stuff and Nissan uses it to reduce valvetrain friction to improve fuel economy, reduce emission and increase power."
Great post . Hell, anything to improve NVH in the 370Z is a good thing. no? AND greener...AND more power?