View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #64 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
The only thing I don't like about the AOS idea is that it's not only oil vapor in that catch can. If you smell what builds up in there, there's a fair amount of condensed fuel and exhaust stuff as well from combustion blow-by. I mean, I guess that stuff's in the crankcase normally anyways, but it's usually in there in vapor form temporarily. You'd be dumping it back into your oil pan in liquid form, and it doesn't smell or feel like good oil should. I guess if you're just doing events and changing your oil before/after it wouldn't be enough to matter, but at the other end of spectrum I wouldn't want to do that on an extended-interval street car.
You're right, its in there anyways. Same with condensation that condenses in the can. Every metal part will sweat. It's only in the hoses and in the AOS though for a second. It pukes out and drains right back in. There's no time for anything bad to happen. I ran this setup for 52,000 miles and my oil analysis's were perfect. I used Redline 5w30 at about 3000-3500 miles and they always told be try to go longer but stubborn me wanted to also keep it around 3k OCI.