View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I have painted quite a few, and have a different perspective/experience.

I recommend duplicolor 1200 degree spray paint. For prep, I use a wire wheel on a drill and clean the entire rotor and then paint the whole thing, front and back. (most of my experience is with cross drilled corvette rotors, so on a solid rotor, you only need to do the outer edges and center.

The first time you apply the brakes, it will scrape the paint off of all of the swept areas, leaving a perfect transition. The paint is thin enough that it won't harm your pads or anything else at all. The only thing is for the first 2-3 brake applications, your pads won't grip as well, but after that, its all good.

This method usually holds up at least two years without track use.