View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
V8Killer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: It Hard Till It Pops
V8Killer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
A retailer referring customers to the manufacturer is not uncommon, actually. Mainly because the reseller is not equipped to provide any warranty support. Most things sold at walmart, for example, say to contact the manufacturer and to NOT send the item back to walmart because it's actually faster and less headache to deal with the manufacturer themselves.
I don't know about less of a headache, having the receipt and standing in the return line and swapping it out is pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeyeegue View Post
Yes the seller should stand by their product. But Password JDM was the one whom gave the seller the shift knob I sent back. Password JDM was also the one told me to ship it back and they will take care of it... So the seller didn't really do much, but the balls were in the manufacture's hands for sending me what I sent them again and stopped communicating with me afterwards.
You wouldn't happen to have the link to the ebay seller would you? The great thing about ebay is item description. As a seller you have to be very specific in what you say about the product and returns. I bought a car from a guy one time on ebay and he said runs like a new car. Guess what a day later it did not. I notified ebay and paypal and a couple days later he was paying for the repairs. Just doesn't sound like a good seller if he told you to contact the manufacturer. He sold you a defective product, you return the defective product and he gives you new one, simple. You weren't trouble shooting the damn thing. Post up the link if you don't mind.

Too much to list and a baby shot of nitrous....
V8Killer is offline   Reply With Quote