View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
.c2
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z MB 6MT
.c2 is on a distinguished road

If I'm not mistaken ART pipes make a bit more power than regular TPs. I have had both, on the same catback and ART pipes are definitely the way to go. My non resonated Invidia test pipes were raspy as hell and was a LOT louder. Below 3k there was practically no power at all and above 3k was a huge burst in power. ART pipes have a lot less rasp, and is also a loot quieter. Powerwise, there is less of a power loss in low RPMs so it's much smoother throughout the RPMs.

I have also heard T1R resonated test pipes on the same T1R catback that I have had both my non res TPs on and ART pipes on, so I've heard sounds from all 3 test pipe set ups. The resonated test pipes are a bit louder than the ART pipes, and also is a bit more raspy. I can't say anything about the power difference because I was only the passenger in the car, not the driver. However, all 3 have very very different sounds. Non resonated TPs sound raspy and just meh, I hated it lol. Sounded like my car had vtec because at 3k there was a huge burst of sound, raspyness and power... Resonated TPs have a pretty unique sound, kind of exotic but too loud for my taste. Also raspier than ART pipes. ART pipes have the cleanest sound out of all of them, and is the most quiet even though my car is still way too loud with them for my taste.

Instagram // Build Thread
Amuse / Mines / Bride / Momo / KW / Hotchkis / Motordyne / Invidia / Injen

Last edited by .c2; 05-20-2013 at 03:49 PM.
.c2 is offline   Reply With Quote