View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Stig View Post
Dee, do you listen to yourself as you are typing or just let it fall out of your head through your fingers? Sometimes I think you are trying to rile some of us up? Well, I hate to say that it worked for me this time! So here goes...

Comparing me driving a little over the speed limit on fairly desolate roads but maintaining complete control over my vehicle and people drifting or doing donuts in a parking lot, that is not specifically isolated from the public for an event, is rediculous! They ARE NOT the same thing! When people are drifting and doing donuts, they are pushing the vehicle past it's performance design objective and most likely close to the driver's ability to control the car. Donuts cause smoke and diminished visibility for the driver. We have all seen the videos of donuts gone wrong in public places.

What I have noticed about our group spirited driving, is that it is reserved for desolate roads with no cross traffic and it slows down near populated areas, also when traffic appears. Most of the drives are spent near the speed limit. I want to continue to have car shows and gatherings. As people are caught doing donuts and drifting in parking lots, then the venues themselves will dry up and not allow gatherings. The venues cannot have the liability of allowing drivers behaving that way. I will be surprised if the Mega Meet is allowed to be back at that same venue next year. If that behavior becomes more noticeable, we'll become the addition to the "No Skateboarding or bike riding on the sidewalk" signs in store parking lots.

Yes, I agree that opinions should be allowed, but insinuating that we, in MAZOC, are hooligans and hipocrites because we are car guys that enjoy our performance cars is rediculous. I just attended the drive on the return from ZDayZ where we (4 MAZOC cars) were passed by several mini-vans and large SUVs because they were willing to drive much more over the speed limit than we were. It was nice to be driving close to the speed limit and not having to "panic brake" when we saw a police vehicle.

I am a little upset with myself that I let this thread get to me enough that I wrote this, and you may get irritated with me; but I am betting that it won't be nearly as irritated as I got with you about this topic. Feel free to PM if you want to "chat" about this further.

Not trying to just responding to your messages about this.
You must of missed it when I called the MAZOC members hooligans and hipocrits (ohh wait, I didn't! hello?!!?). Just wanted to clear that up. I also said, what they did was wrong and I didnt condone it, but I also said we're definitely NOT saints either, and yes believe it or not, I have been on a cruise (how quickly we forget) and I'll agree with you, they are not highly traffic roads, BUT someone could easily go off the road, or someone could pull out of their driveway, and could get hurt, the possibility is always there.. so to say nothing could happen because our cruises are on less traffic roads is naive.. just saying.

And one other thing.. you spell rediculous, ridiculous.

Last edited by eastwest2300; 05-20-2013 at 12:52 PM.