View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishey View Post
First, You have had no response to my earlier post and saying you are "Factory Trained" is a bit laughable. No manufacture recommends or endorses the method you have outlined feel free to seek Nissan's factory manuals for reference.

Second, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) both specifically recommend the factory method and gravity bleeding is not the factory method and its not a method recognized or taught by ASE or NATEF.

Your advise is not good advise gravity bleeding is a poor way to bleed your brake system. Gravity bleeding can work but its not the best way or a recommended way to bleed brakes. It does not have the flow or pressure to ensure consistent and reliable results.

Your Friend
Ron

Factory Trained, ASE Master Technician #ASE-5378-2655, Past Professional Car Chief (Doran Racing), Current Shop Owner/Operator www.facebook.com/metricgarage.net

I have done mine this way and some of guys that track there cars are also doing which takes about 20 minutes ,and if you want to discuss ASE cert. and I-car cert.(for Autobody repair) pm me you're fax number and Ill see about getting them down off the wall and fax you a copy.

And the only advantage to a gravity bleed is no chance of introducing air in the system.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote