View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #86 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
maybe so but i just dont think you carbon based life form are quicker and more accurate than us silicon based ones,..
When I'm pulling out onto the adjacent 60 mph road from my neighborhood street, the car cutting my throttle because I let the rear slip slightly can be a deadly situation. Based on the gap I'm trying to pull into, I know whether I'm going to be pushing the rear grip and how much; this allows me to properly control the car when I have full control of the throttle. If VDC is ON, my maneuver is sabotaged. I turn it on in the rain when I'm driving on the highway as a precaution.

The Z is currently getting a tune with the new EcuTek software, which I hope will give me further control over the traction control system. Even when VDC is off, the ABLS feature will still apply the brakes on a wheel that is spinning. I just want full control of my vehicle, and I don't think that's too much to ask.

I have enough driving experience that I feel completely comfortable with VDC OFF. If you don't have that level of comfort, my recommendation is you don't turn it off. But there's no need to keep badgering me about it... if you'd like to continue, I will gladly bash you for letting your child run stop signs and stop lights in the Z on public roads while learning how to drive

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote