View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Z_Enthusiast
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z Silver 6MT
Z_Enthusiast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8GTOL View Post
I never said some gains weren't possible, but it is not because the air is significantly COLDER versus stock as you claim...

Show me all the high performace cars that come with an aftermarket style CAI from the factory...the automotive engineers all around the world didn't screw the pooch that bad.

I'm not hatin' on CAI either. I have had them on my previous vehicles.

I take it you aren't an engineer? And for the record I whoop a$$ at checkers btw

Back on topic now...still looking forward to results OP.
The G3 and Takeda HP increase are probably result of the ram air effect more than "cold air" (especially on g35/37).

That being said cold air does have an effect. In this case cold air being ambient temperature vs engine bay temperature. Cold air is dense due to the molecules low energy level vs warm air whose molecules are more active. The higher volume of air entering your throttle bodies is sensed by your MAF which tells your ECU to increase the amount of fuel thus more HP. In an essence same thing forced induction does forcing MORE air molecules into the system only to a much larger scale.

And before you start trying to poke your chest out being you are an "engineer" I have a degree in aeronautical engineering...
Z_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote