View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #4399 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Good morning.

I appreciate everyone's comments on the tragedy that befell my Z yesterday. I am lazy this morning and am not going to quote everyone, just say thanks to all.

In terms of the pool on what I am going to do...

It looks totaled to me and a whole bunch of other knowledgeable folks who witnessed this happen yesterday. The frame too a hit and the whole front end is pushed over to the right side. Maybe it's fixable, probably not.

If fixable then I may be ok with it, but I do not think it'll ever be the same.

If not fixable, maybe a Honda Fit would be an option, but I may as well admit that I have given up my will to live. The base challenger is also an option, but I am not that big of a retard.

I will definitely get another 370 -- right away. I like the midnight blue with touring/sport and a manual. Then, I'd start the mod process all over with all the same mods except for intake (I'd go JWT or K&N Typhoon).

As far as what happened, we attended Hal's memorial yesterday. It was out in the country at a large property. There is a two lane road that the very wide driveway dumps onto. To the right it is wide open and I could see quite a way. To the left there was a hill not too far away. Kate was looking right and said it was clear and I looked left and it was clear. I began entering the road to turn left and this pickup truck all of a sudden was barreling down the road. I stopped and began to get it in reverse, but she had already locked up her brakes and BAM!!! POW??? KER-SPLAT!!!

There were 20 to 30 people who saw it and everyone told me (and the cop) that she was hauling-azz. It is only a 40 mph zone.

Anyway. There you go. Thanks for all your support. You all (except Mr. Kenchan) are awesome.

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

Omg sorry to hear that. It will be a total loss. That's one thing I've noticed is that the 370Z's protect the passengers very well but the Z hardly ever is fixable. Same when I had my accident. I left without a scratch but the 370Z was totaled.

Keep us updated buddy.