View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #4396 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning.

I appreciate everyone's comments on the tragedy that befell my Z yesterday. I am lazy this morning and am not going to quote everyone, just say thanks to all.

In terms of the pool on what I am going to do...

It looks totaled to me and a whole bunch of other knowledgeable folks who witnessed this happen yesterday. The frame too a hit and the whole front end is pushed over to the right side. Maybe it's fixable, probably not.

If fixable then I may be ok with it, but I do not think it'll ever be the same.

If not fixable, maybe a Honda Fit would be an option, but I may as well admit that I have given up my will to live. The base challenger is also an option, but I am not that big of a retard.

I will definitely get another 370 -- right away. I like the midnight blue with touring/sport and a manual. Then, I'd start the mod process all over with all the same mods except for intake (I'd go JWT or K&N Typhoon).

As far as what happened, we attended Hal's memorial yesterday. It was out in the country at a large property. There is a two lane road that the very wide driveway dumps onto. To the right it is wide open and I could see quite a way. To the left there was a hill not too far away. Kate was looking right and said it was clear and I looked left and it was clear. I began entering the road to turn left and this pickup truck all of a sudden was barreling down the road. I stopped and began to get it in reverse, but she had already locked up her brakes and BAM!!! POW??? KER-SPLAT!!!

There were 20 to 30 people who saw it and everyone told me (and the cop) that she was hauling-azz. It is only a 40 mph zone.

Anyway. There you go. Thanks for all your support. You all (except Mr. Kenchan) are awesome.