View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to accelerate as hard as you can as fast as possible, just tap the downshift paddle 3-4 times. The transmission programming will prevent it from downshifting too much but it'll be in the lowest gear possible. And know when each gear ends so you don't end up shifting down to 2nd but at 7200 rpm, which is a waste.
For me, if I ever see a need to pass and I need to time a gap, I'd go into manual mode first and then put it in the optimum gear before I hit the gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
You're in M, lets say cruising in 6th on the freeway, and oh shít, gotta floor it to get around an ásshole... Car doesn't go... Why can't there be a button there (Like on the Maxima, or a Porsche, or a VW, or an Audi) that then the car floors it no matter what...?
The manual mode in our cars is supposed to emulate a manual gearbox as closely as possible. That means not upshifting or downshifting automatically ever*.

*with the possible exception of the 2013's which apparently do automatically upshift, which makes me kinda sad.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote