View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #57 (permalink)
Nismodean
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 RIP Now 2012
Nismodean will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zGatorman View Post
I traded in my 350z for the 370z after wrecking it. These cars are not so great in the rain. I was bragging about how great my brand new tires were at hugging the road and hydroplaned 10 minutes later If I get caught out in the rain now I drive like a granny lol I usually drop down to 35-40 on the interstate while other cars are going 70. You also need to be really careful with the gas pedal and just barely apply your foot to the pedal in the rain.

In my case I was on an exit ramp with a curve in the middle that had standing water. I turned the wheel probably an inch to navigate the turn and instantly starting spinning, slid up the grass and into two trees. I wasn't even speeding but the combination of the standing water, the curve and hitting the gas pedal all at the same time produced horrible results.

Since getting the 370z driving like a granny in the rain has worked and I never feel like I can go the speed limit in the rain. It always feels like the car is slipping and sliding all over the place if I get up to higher speeds. I pretty much try not to drive it when it rains now and if I do get caught out in it I slow way down.
Because the tires that come with the Z stock are GARBAGE! I drive with these and they're as good in the dry in cornering and way sticker when launching. They've also brought me through hundreds of miles of ice and snow in a two day period as well as total confidence in the rain. I can't think of a single bad thing about them TBH.
The Truth, it hurts sometimes. FI LTH & FI CF CBE. This is a 370Z forum, if I want to fling poo at another brand of car and your feelings get hurt, then you're hanging out in the wrong forum (cry elsewhere).

Last edited by Nismodean; 05-17-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Nismodean is offline   Reply With Quote