View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
SteveBad
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z 6 speed
SteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 D/R/L/ removal......pics

Well, I finally got around to it........I wanted to convert the pocket where the DRL's sit in my 2013's bumper to brake cooling ducts.

First step: remove the DRL's.......

It's easy, actually..... First, you need to remove the front bumper skin. You can access the driver side DRL OK thru the wheelwell, but the passenger side has the washer bottle in the way, so the skin must come off.

Follow the directions as posted by other forum folks.....it's easy, takes 1/2 hour. Easy to do alone, but use masking tape at the seam lines near the headlights so that you don't scratch any paint. The DRL's are held in by three 10 mm bolts and a plastic rivet. The last photo is what they look like after removal.

As for ducting, the rest of the job will have to wait for now, but appears it will be simple to install a duct which exits the bumper wheelwell area and points directly towards the inner side of the rotor, similar to the setup on a C-5 Corvette.

For the meantime, I just shot some flat black paint in the opening.. It will be quite easy to use the DRL itself as a "buck" for forming a screen which will EXACTLY fit the opening. This is because the lens portion of the DRL is raised up and fits in a flange in the bumper skin. I also bagged and taped the DRL sockets against water entry behind the bumper skin.

If you ask me, it seems as if the Nissan engineers had this exactly in mind for racing purposes.

I really like the look...........whadda ya think?

Here's the finished product:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (118.2 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (128.2 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (99.5 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (158.5 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by SteveBad; 05-17-2013 at 05:19 PM.
SteveBad is offline   Reply With Quote