View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
mantella87
Track Member

Drives: 2011 Z34 MT
mantella87 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Everyone just simmer down now. No backtalk! Simma downa!

This is a great, inexpensive mod that is equivalent to a partial muffler delete. It doesn't necessarily hurt anything (except possibly a little hp/tq). Anyone giving him $hit for not buying an aftermarket exhaust, (I'm not talking to the people calling him out for comparing it to one)

That being said, OP, to compare the sound to an aftermarket exhaust is downright wrong. As far as dBs go, sure, your washer mod exhaust is likely as loud as some of them. It may even be a little deeper (throatier) than stock, but they are very different notes. There's a reason your mod cost <$20 and aftermarket exhausts cost anywhere between $800-$2500. This is the reason you are getting flamed; if you plan to make stupid comparisons like this on the interwebs in the future, I would get some thicker skin
I'm not really giving the guy **** for not buying an aftermarket exhaust, hell, sometimes I wish I left my car completely stock. But he compared his exhaust leak to some serious exhaust systems and said the people who spent money on them (like me) could have had the same sound for $14. I think he just needs to get his hearing checked, no big deal.