View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #691 (permalink)
Streetlife
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z Mont/sport
Streetlife will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
So on my way out of town today I was in the left lane just cruising past some people like normal. Not flying. Not being an a**. There was an old '80s white Chevy wagon with wood panels (yeah, eww) and some old guy driving it. He was the last car in the slower lane and as I passed him he started to pace me. I have no patience for that crap because all I want to do is get back over in the right lane after I pass someone. So I slughtly blip the throttle just to maintain separation and I get back over. Boy was he mad at me. At first I thought he just had an issue being behind someone. But then immediately steps on it and flies past me and I'm like, uhhhh... ok? I give him the whatever gesture and then I just start cracking up laughing and wave goodbye.

Not the end of that story, sadly, since he slows down enough for me to get back beside him and then he floors it again as if he really thinks I'm going to race him. I left the cruise control alone and just did my own thing. But again, I'm obviously just losing it at this point. And then he pulls some daredevil maneuver to exit up ahead and as I'm passing him again by the exit and I see him give the "whoopie-do" finger like I had nothing on him. Jealous and hater are the only two words I can use to describe this guy.
Sad. The haters are out there, and somehow tell themselves they are in a supercar or sports car when they see the 370Z, in reality, most are in minivans or other rush hour designed vehicles.